How to Fight LARS?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With winter coming in a beginning to suffer from LARS. I struggle to do my water changes every week and I might skip cleaning the glass as well. Testing is becoming more infrequent. The tank is doing well and I can easily go to the other extreme and try tweaking every little thing. How do you find a happy medium?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always kept the same routine regardless of how I've felt, at any given time. Saturday or Sunday is tank maintenance days. Week after week, month after month, year after year.

Summer months are the worst because of yard work. Now at this time of year it's easier. More time.

I can easily understand if someone is having issues with their tank and just don't feel like messing with it, but that's the time to dig your heals and get at it!

Life can definitely get in the way and cause LARS, but it all falls back to responsibly to what's in our tanks.

One last thing I can say is if your feeling LARS, your never alone, but what's in your tank needs you and your care, totally.

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always kept the same routine regardless of how I've felt, at any given time. Saturday or Sunday is tank maintenance days. Week after week, month after month, year after year.

Summer months are the worst because of yard work. Now at this time of year it's easier. More time.

I can easily understand if someone is having issues with their tank and just don't feel like messing with it, but that's the time to dig your heals and get at it!

Life can definitely get in the way and cause LARS, but it all falls back to responsibly to what's in our tanks.

One last thing I can say is if your feeling LARS, your never alone, but what's in your tank needs you and your care, totally.
I have the issue of the busier I am in life, the better I am at maintaining it. Now that I am down to one job for a couple of months I think I can do it tomorrow. Procrastination is my biggest problem. The better my tank is doing, the less inclined I feel to mess with it. I am afraid I might mess it up. I have kept my hands out of the tank for a month and everything is much happier now. Now I need to figure out a good water mixing station.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the issue of the busier I am in life, the better I am at maintaining it. Now that I am down to one job for a couple of months I think I can do it tomorrow. Procrastination is my biggest problem. The better my tank is doing, the less inclined I feel to mess with it. I am afraid I might mess it up. I have kept my hands out of the tank for a month and everything is much happier now. Now I need to figure out a good water mixing station.

Having a easier way to do water changes is a big help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back