How to get anemone to host clownfish?

what evidence do you base that on? Ive already detailed the science behind it (simply) but my source of information was a couple of marine biologists who graduated from Macquarie University in Australia, who spent a good number of years on the great barrier reef collecting data and information of clownfish and other damsel species. It may be inhumane, period.
He said she said. Inhumane I think not. I’ve dont this countless times and have had my fish host... did they die no? Did it benifit them absolutely. I don’t need evidence to argue something. This whole hobby could be considered inhumane we are literally taking fish from the ocean and corals and throwing them in tanks where most of them die... you don’t think that’s inhumane? Let’s be real .
 
Last edited:
He said she said. Inhumane I think not. I’ve dont this countless times and have had my fish host... did they die no? Did it benifit them absolutely. I don’t need evidence to argue something that is strictly opion.

Many people see their clowns swim away (especially tank bred specimens) bevause the anemone stings them they need time to build up their slime coats. Its not he said she said, some clowns genuinely suffer from this. Dont make me out to be some nag when I'm after the clowns' best interest.
 
Many people see their clowns swim away (especially tank bred specimens) bevause the anemone stings them they need time to build up their slime coats. Its not he said she said, some clowns genuinely suffer from this. Dont make me out to be some nag when I'm after the clowns' best interest.
It’s not like people are forcing their clowns into anemones. They are putting them in a confined environment where the clowns can interact with the anemone and 90% of the time they choose to do so, on their own there is nothing inhumane about this at all. I’m not making you out to be a nag. I don’t thing anyone would buy a fish to act in a inhumane manor towards it. The fish has a choice on its own and isn’t being forced into the anemone by someone’s will.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new