How to get anemone to split without cutting?

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is the kessil one I was talking about. But I wanted to mention that I just finished doing the rock structure for the tank and it looks great! (if I do say so myself). And I just got a huge bloom of hair algae and this weird type of green algae that is growing on the sand bed and on the glass. I will try to get a picture But I am going away on vacation today for 3 days.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is the kessil one I was talking about. But I wanted to mention that I just finished doing the rock structure for the tank and it looks great! (if I do say so myself). And I just got a huge bloom of hair algae and this weird type of green algae that is growing on the sand bed and on the glass. I will try to get a picture But I am going away on vacation today for 3 days.
This is the ugly stage, do you have any turbo snails or nassarius snails?

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't. Becuse I haven't finished cycling. And there is also brown algea.

In the meantime, while waiting for your tank to cycle, you can feed heavy and try to get your Anemone to split so you can sell it for a tasty little profit.......

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my man you are jumping the gun on alot of this like your tank is still cycling you shouldn't have put that nem in that tank (already done we live we learn) the chances are low this nem will survive, however i hope it does survive. If I was you since you are at the ugly stage (diatoms and algae growing) you should get a small clean up crew so the tank doesn't get overrun with algae, Stability is going to be your best chance at this early stage of your tanks life. I understand some peoples frustration because they care about the animals we take care of very much, so please take all advice and just be a sponge and learn and try not to get upset with people because they are just passionate.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I don’t know what had been happening but if your little BTA still looks like the picture on the first page then you are fine. The kessel is strong enough for your tank height (20 gal?) and the mini cycle would be brought on with a stronger light if you just started the tank but used real live rock then you should be fine. Just keep doing weekly water changes and be patient. Wait it out.

The color will change back to green over time. It will only show green under blue light. If you have lots of white light on then you will see it as brown.

Now if you see the mouth gaping open, or the tentacles shrunken into itself then it is not doing well. We would need more pictures to diagnose.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I know I haven't replied in a while but I wanted to give an update and here it is! I am happy to say that the anemone is thriving in my tank and he is now changing color and turning green! Everything in my tank is doing perfect I will post some pictures. And he has found his permanent spot!

Attachments

• WIN_20210314_12_52_36_Pro.mp4
    71.6 MB
  • WIN_20210314_12_53_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210314_12_53_27_Pro.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 58
  • WIN_20210314_12_53_39_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210314_12_53_39_Pro.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 55
  • WIN_20210314_12_54_10_Pro.mp4
    29.3 MB

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys! This morning I was wondering is there a way to get bubbletip anemones to split without cutting them? And if so how? And do anemones breed? And do they have to be a certain size to split or breed if they do breed? And can a 3-4 inch bubbletip anemone split or breed? Thanks in advance!
Please note that not all anemones split.. BTA does but LTA doesn't.

Back