how to get mushroom on rock?

mcpeachy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. new to mushrooms. i have a rocordea (spelling?) and a cherry mushroom that i would like to get off the original frag plug. i think from my understanding that these are not glued down, right? how to i get them off the frag plug and onto a rock??!

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok if you don't want the frag plug on the rock but its attached you have a couple choices.
One: set it in a high flow spot in the tank, it might release itself from the plug and then you can put it in a low flow spot to grab on,
Two: Carefully cut it off the plug it will heal but in the meantime you can put it in a small container like this one
15594989078165096509362216669010.jpg

Put little rocks on the bottom so it heals and grabs on, move the mushroom and what it attaches to where you would like it to be in your display tank

I will say that mushrooms have a mind of their own and sometimes don't like to be where we want them and it might move itself

OP
OP
mcpeachy

mcpeachy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Really?? Well if I put the frag in the sand will it potentially move ? I have no idea if mine are glued are not. How do I know?? I got from world wide corals.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms don't move per say, they might let go of the plug and float around until they grab on somewhere else (or possibly into a powerhead or drain). Like auto pilot said, scrape it off of the plug and put it in a cup or dish with small live rock rubble and it will attach itself. Be sure to keep the original frag plug in the water as well because if there is even a tiny piece of mushroom still on it a new one will grow. Good luck!

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Really?? Well if I put the frag in the sand will it potentially move ? I have no idea if mine are glued are not. How do I know?? I got from world wide corals.
It's not glued, glue won't stick to a mushroom, they have a foot that they grab onto things. I have sand in my cup but you should put crushed coral or something similar in yours. You might want to try and put it in high flow for a couple of days. The coral with get bothered and most of the time let go to find a new home

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back