How to get my first badge?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The best advice I can give is from my brother who is now out of the marine corps (not sure for good but), he told me one doesn’t need to wear or have a badge to have honour, and be a good person. Yes they are pretty and if I get them great if not it’s okay. Because I still love all the people here, and I have close friends and I’d help anyone I can. I use to be on a lot more but I work crazy stupid hours and sometimes I can’t be here (even though I want to be so I’m jealous of those who are). But badge or no badge id do anything to help those in need and I recently had some not soo good luck with my tank. It was amazing of the support I received and it was equal to badges and no badges. I will say lol even if I don’t have any, I’d always and do anything to help someone in the hobby we all love.

Do I get the clavin and Hobbs banner for my newphews urinating in my sump? I so deserve that one lol.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
badgers.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I "avoid " the sparkles fairy banner ?
Lol, it's like the hammer of thor, only those who are worthy get it. And it's just me :D :p

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said ! I'm just jealous of all the banners You have ! Oh Ya & all the Likes? How do Ya carry all those around ? LOL
And I got them by welcoming all those new members!
giphy.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These badges are getting out of hand, if ya ask me. Making me have to scroll forever. Any time you have any staff in a thread, it adds like 3 pages extra worth of scrolling from all the badges. :p

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These badges are getting out of hand, if ya ask me. Making me have to scroll forever. Any time you have any staff in a thread, it adds like 3 pages extra worth of scrolling from all the badges. :p

I need a 7th because I really like the number 7 :) (true about the number 7...four of them to be exact)

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say, I am fairly new to this forum. I was a reefer back in 2004-2011, and I truly wish I never got out of it. I had boring stuff to do like get married and have kids............the real money pit. Then I found this forum and just seeing all these beautiful tanks, and helpful member, made me want a small one. That didn't last but 6 months before I upgraded. I like the welcome to R2R messages. I just like the interaction between people!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I say that was a thing?

My statement was with the excessive "Welcomes" in threads outside of the meet and greet forum.

And for the nonsense argument of "it bumps threads back up" let me kill that now.
If I post a thread "Sick Clownfish" and the Welcome Wagon comes and throws 3 greetings on the thread and someone else puts in their $.02 then someone scrolling by only sees that the thread has 4 answers. How many people would assume that a thread asking for help with 4 answers still needs help? Probably not many, and probably not the majority of people.
I have seen plenty of threads fizzle out, imo, due to this.
If the Welcoms would be mainly confined to the proper forum then the serious threads quality would improve.

And if you want to come with the "What do you know newbie" angle dont, I followed the Rev here from "another" site at the start, I just couldn't remember my old username when I got back in the hobby lol

If the above is wrong change my mind.

With all due respect.

Some may not know the answer to the question but still many will say something such as 'fingers crossed' and a greeting. I'd rather have that kind of response than an incorrect answer given if the subject matter is/was not known. To me, it still shows concern which I can respect.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cleaned this thread up to remain on topic with the original post! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back