How to get my first badge?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of members with interesting badges.

Besides for sponsoring :oops: , how can I get my first badge?

:)
Sponsorship as you mentioned will get you the supporting badge. Having a build thread would get you the build thread contributor badge. Other badges are acquired by just being a good, helpful, active, and welcoming member of the forum :)

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also you can follow the link in my signature below to enter your tank into the reef tank 365 once you create a build thread if you don't already have one

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also add, that if you belong to any local clubs that have a forum on here you can check and see if there is a badge associated with it :) for example you can see that @kschweer has the NJRC member badge and @Js.Aqua.Project has the ocala reef club member badge.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also add, that if you belong to any local clubs that have a forum on here you can check and see if there is a badge associated with it :) for example you can see that @kschweer has the NJRC member badge and @Js.Aqua.Project has the ocala reef club member badge.

Brilliant! :D

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sour today....its ok, as it's almost the weekend
Thank gah...

JoeFriday191-2.jpg

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people who come here for help and only get greeting are what you're going for then well done lol

As others have said, you are entitled your opinion about not enjoying all of the welcome posts. Having said that, your above statement is absolutely misleading. The occasional request for help may be missed on a forum this large, but it's not "because" of the welcoming posts. If anything it would be "despite" the welcomes because it bumps up the threads.

Most quickly realize it's better to ask in a forum other than the Meet and Greet. Those posts usually get a quick welcome and advice in the same answer.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hospitality one seems easy enough. How many times do I need to welcome people? Is there a zombie badge if I bring back threads from 2009 and say welcome to R2R?

I’m only kidding on the last part...or am I? ;Mask

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hospitality one seems easy enough. How many times do I need to welcome people? Is there a zombie badge if I bring back threads from 2009 and say welcome to R2R?

I’m only kidding on the last part...or am I? ;Mask

Probably a fairly high number. I'm always welcoming/helping people and haven't attained it yet. I would not worry about the number and just go be welcoming and have fun.

Start a build thread and you can have a badge in 24 hours. That's going to be your best fast lane option other than the very worthy cause of becoming a site supporter...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back