How to get notified when skimmer reservoir (bucket) is almost full ?

KenBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an alert system that notifies your phone - I use this from Amazon (SmartLIfe Water Sensor). My Protein skimmer is on a WiFi power strip that I can power of individual plugs (in this case sensor).

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cheap way: Run a drain line to an outside bucket. Then when your dog comes in smelling like skimmate you know its time to empty the bucket!

;)

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an alert system that notifies your phone - I use this from Amazon (SmartLIfe Water Sensor). My Protein skimmer is on a WiFi power strip that I can power of individual plugs (in this case sensor).

Link doesn’t work. You need to click on the little icon near or under the item on its page.

AlaskaReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s better than what I bought but you need an Apex. :)
I'm too paranoid to run my tanks without an Apex. Even my 10 gallon nano has an Apex with a Trident... then again, I also run a chiller on every tank and I live in alaska....

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$63 on Amazon. Mini condensation pump. Run the output skimmer line into this and the other to a drain (or out the window). I have one attached to my water heater. lifts it 8 feet then pumps it 40 feet and into my basement sump.

Little Giant VCMA-15ULST Automatic Condensate Removal Pump with Safety Switch and Tubing, 554415​

61mF-1dAU7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$63 on Amazon. Mini condensation pump. Run the output skimmer line into this and the other to a drain (or out the window). I have one attached to my water heater. lifts it 8 feet then pumps it 40 feet and into my basement sump.

Little Giant VCMA-15ULST Automatic Condensate Removal Pump with Safety Switch and Tubing, 554415​

61mF-1dAU7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Interesting if you have access to a drain.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back