Co2 scrubber keeps getting filled with water

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi
As the title says, my brs co2 scrubber keeps on sucking up water. I have it set up to recirculate. Im not sure if it's like sucking up the bubbles, all i see is that water accumulates over a couple of weeks until it's roughly halfway full and then all the sudden, skimmer overflows, and a lot of the skimmate goes into the co2 scrubbers. I usually empty it before it gets to that point but im really confused and tired of emptying it every couple of weeks. Skimmer is an IceCap K1 nano

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
two options;

add a collection cup within the recirculating tubing to catch the moisture for when it overflows
get a skimmer auto shut off sensor for when the collected water reaches a point it will shut off

OP
OP
Tom nhia

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
two options;

add a collection cup within the recirculating tubing to catch the moisture for when it overflows
get a skimmer auto shut off sensor for when the collected water reaches a point it will shut off
I dont think an auto shut off is possible for this skimmer, its a very small skimmer.

As for the moisture collection cup, i dont really see how that would fix anything. I would still need to empty. And usually when it overflows it's when im not home so the co2 media is still going to get wet

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont think an auto shut off isnt possible for for this skimmer, its a very small skimmer.
the auto shut off will fit:

once the collected water hits the sensor it will shut the skimmer off. considering the skimmer is in-tank, you'll likely continuously run into this issue. but at least with the auto shut off you wont have to worry about your skimmer overflowing the entire co2 rig.

you could try adding an air valve to fine tune the water level so that it doesn't overflow?

OP
OP
Tom nhia

Tom nhia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the auto shut off will fit:

once the collected water hits the sensor it will shut the skimmer off. considering the skimmer is in-tank, you'll likely continuously run into this issue. but at least with the auto shut off you wont have to worry about your skimmer overflowing the entire co2 rig.

you could try adding an air valve to fine tune the water level so that it doesn't overflow?

The water level is very consistent, it's just overflows once the co2 scrubber is full of water since no more air is going in the skimmer. Also pic isnt loading but i did think of another way to use the auto shut off.

Instead of having it in the skimmer cup i can just put it in the moisture collection cup

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back