How to get RBTA out.

FrootStick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys

So I got my first anemone about a month ago. I've always wanted a rose bubble tip so I tot one. Ever since I've had it, it has hid behind all the rock in my tank.
It doesn't come out. It has moved around a bit behind the rocks, but never ventured out to where it can be seen.
Is there anything I can do? Or will it just stay hidden. Seems a waste :(
Could there be anything I can change or do to help it settle?

Thanks

eranschau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yes. And no.

You can try moving whatever rock it's attached to into a place where you can get a better view of your RBTA but it will likely just detach is cranky butt and move back to whatever corner it's in now. Your best bet is to try and alter the flow or lighting to see if you can make it unhappy enough with where it is that it'll move by itself to a new location.

marine2463

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above try to make one of your power heads hit it a little more and it will eventually move . They like flow but not to much . Just keep a close eye on it when you change your power heads he will start to move.

Culater94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had best luck with Ice cubes on foot, and then patience to slowly remove the foot from the rock using your fingernail or plastic card.
Do not rush or pull, as you will damage the foot or BTA.

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If you place the anemone in a small crevice on your live rock in a place with good flow and light it should stay I usually do that with all my bubble tips I have a lot of them and they always stay where I put them. Hope this helps :)

image.jpeg

OP
OP
FrootStick

FrootStick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble tip seems to want no light and no flow! That's where it keeps heading anyway :(

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 94 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 112 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%

Back