How to install a dosing pump for AIO?

Stinson Beach Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2024
Messages
51
Reaction score
40
Location
Tiburon
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I’m curious if anyone knows of a way to install a dosing pump that isn’t visible for an AIO tank. Since I don’t have the option to dose into a sump under the cabinet, I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas to keep a pump out of view but still efficient for the corals. Could I potentially keep the pump under the cabinet and dose up to the tank’s surface?

Thank you!
 
Hello everyone!
I’m curious if anyone knows of a way to install a dosing pump that isn’t visible for an AIO tank. Since I don’t have the option to dose into a sump under the cabinet, I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas to keep a pump out of view but still efficient for the corals. Could I potentially keep the pump under the cabinet and dose up to the tank’s surface?

Thank you!
Absolutely put it under the stand next to your water container. Zero problem with that. Peristaltic pumps can handle large vertical rises much better than propeller type pumps, so pretty much any dosing pump you choose should be up to the task.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new