OP
OP
B

bpro32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my tank with over 30 of them playing nice... most of the time.

FB_IMG_1579976377497.jpg

There's a BTA mountain in the back left corner and a magnifica on the right.

Plan the position of the anemones island taking into account where the flow will take them if they take off. In my case I placed them right below a pump. I prefer that they meet the pump than landing where they shouldn't.

That's interesting. What pump do you have above them? I've always been afraid of nems getting sucked into powerheads (happened once) because I heard they will kill everything in the tank if you don't catch it right away so I placed powerheads far away. That's possibly what is pushing them to walk since they get stronger flow than they like..

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. What pump do you have above them? I've always been afraid of nems getting sucked into powerheads (happened once) because I heard they will kill everything in the tank if you don't catch it right away so I placed powerheads far away. That's possibly what is pushing them to walk since they get stronger flow than they like..

My tank has just one circulation pump, a Jebao CP-150 right in front of the overflow (in fact it's held on the eurobrace, upside down).

I have had a few anemones in there and they all survived. I think the grill is too fine to suck them in, even though I overclock the pump to 120% during part of the day.

The BTA's don't make lose sleep, the magnifica on the other hand...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my tank with over 30 of them playing nice... most of the time.

FB_IMG_1579976377497.jpg

There's a BTA mountain in the back left corner and a magnifica on the right.

Plan the position of the anemones island taking into account where the flow will take them if they take off. In my case I placed them right below a pump. I prefer that they meet the pump than landing where they shouldn't.
That's absolutely beautiful!!!

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what I’m going to try is make an ‘anemone island’ with a gap between rock structures and have a powerhead blowing in between. I know this isn’t going to work 100%, but I’m hoping it will slow them down enough that I can grab them before making it to the coral side.

Yeah....... like an anemone Alcatraz ;-)

Reefer300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep them on top of the nem tower. Once in a while one will try to move down the rocks. I just peel it off the rocks and put it back. For the most part they stay up there
0679D483-C642-44B9-A069-B92757EC3E80.jpeg

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of all my BTA's and got a Malu instead because I was tired of dealing with them moving and splitting. Malu's tend to stay in the sand bed and don't move much. Mine hasn't moved at all actually from where I originally placed it 6 months ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back