How to keep healthy blastos

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the secret to success with Blastos? I have acquired quite the collection but I am struggling to keep them healthy and wondering if there are any blasto experts out there. I have acans in the same tank which are doing great. Also torches, hammers and frogs/octos are doing great. Acanthos and welsos too. So not sure why blastos would be struggling. Any advice is appreciated.

OP
OP
B

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried low light. I have heard that is recommended but it seems like mine always struggle worse in low light. I have tried putting them in low light low flow and they seem to go downhill faster. I do have reef ab maybe I will try feeding that and see if it helps them.

OP
OP
B

Boardn365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics to show location. I have tried different spots for most of them. Sorry pics are crap but they sow location. They are all in the right side. I have acans on same location opposite side of tank and they are all doing awesome.
20210711_201002.jpg
20210711_201015.jpg

topjago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the secret to success with Blastos? I have acquired quite the collection but I am struggling to keep them healthy and wondering if there are any blasto experts out there. I have acans in the same tank which are doing great. Also torches, hammers and frogs/octos are doing great. Acanthos and welsos too. So not sure why blastos would be struggling. Any advice is appreciated.
I would recommend keeping nitrates at 10-15 and phosphates at 0.05 and try to feed them every other day with pellet food. At first they might not be use to it but give it some time and they will figure it out and the. You can expect new heads much quicker.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back