How to keep my tank wand go on vacation?

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, how is it going? Injusbrecently started my fizer slatwater tank and have had a freshwater tank for 1 year. So I was wondering how I should proceed with a saltwater tank when traveling, with my goldfish I would just add a vacation feeder, but I'd imagine that with a saltwater tank this should be a lot more difficult. So if you guys have any tips, it would very helpful.

So right now my saltwater tank is cycling, so I don't think it should be that much os big deal traveling. But just want to make sure and know for the future. I'll be spending 2 weeks away from home. And I can have my doorman come and feed my fish once in a while.

Thanks a lot guys.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to regular feeding, you will need to arrange some way to add top off water to the tank to make up for evaporation. Many people have auto top off systems added to their tank but depending on the size of the container it may not be large enough to last two weeks.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, how is it going? Injusbrecently started my fizer slatwater tank and have had a freshwater tank for 1 year. So I was wondering how I should proceed with a saltwater tank when traveling, with my goldfish I would just add a vacation feeder, but I'd imagine that with a saltwater tank this should be a lot more difficult. So if you guys have any tips, it would very helpful.

So right now my saltwater tank is cycling, so I don't think it should be that much os big deal traveling. But just want to make sure and know for the future. I'll be spending 2 weeks away from home. And I can have my doorman come and feed my fish once in a while.

Thanks a lot guys.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vacation-time.247131/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back