New Reef Tank On Vacation

Roman'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna be on 5 day vacation on other side of world
I have 2 fish royal gramma and bangai cardinal as some may have seen on previous threads posted by me that the bangai would refuse to eat pellets and flakes so i fed frozen shrimp from grocery but how do i feed them while im away and anything else to be concerned or do?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna be on 5 day vacation on other side of world
I have 2 fish royal gramma and bangai cardinal as some may have seen on previous threads posted by me that the bangai would refuse to eat pellets and flakes so i fed frozen shrimp from grocery but how do i feed them while im away and anything else to be concerned or do?
Do you have someone who can tank sit for you? If not, get an autofeeder and put in food that will sink quickly so it doesn't flow right into the filter.

OP
OP
R

Roman'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they're hungry fish will surprisingly try anything. I think you'll be fine with a variety of pellets (my pair of banggai cardinals have survived for weeks without anything but pellets).
so i should put pellets in the auto feeder even though idk if they wil eat them?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i should put pellets in the auto feeder even though idk if they wil eat them?
It can't hurt! :) You can mix a variety of pellets of similar size in one autofeeder.

I would give it a good trail run before going away to see how your fish react to this new source of food.

Start early and supplement as you need! :) Don't start the day before going away

OP
OP
R

Roman'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can't hurt! :) You can mix a variety of pellets of similar size in one autofeeder.

I would give it a good trail run before going away to see how your fish react to this new source of food.

Start early and supplement as you need! :) Don't start the day before going away
Ok imma try pellets today and if they dont take them then will feed the regular?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back