How to kill Ich on my rocks

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got ich on my one fish i then proceeded to remove him and medicate him. But now I have a new tank! It’s a 55g and I want to move my rocks over to my new tank. But it has ich and I want to keep beneficial bacteria alive. Is there a way to do this without fallowing, and hurting my inverts?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! What will kill the ich will kill the bacteria....and leach into the rock, which would then slowly leach out. Let the rock sit fallow for 76 days.

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! What will kill the ich will kill the bacteria....and leach into the rock, which would then slowly leach out. Let the rock sit fallow for 76 days.
What will kill ich instantly on my rocks? I might use an old filter to cycle my tank faster. But I still want to use my rocks so what will kill ich instantly?

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you "kill" the rock, you're looking at optimistically two months to cure and cycle.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're one day fix is best accomplished by purchasing live rock from an LFS. You could get away with a small quantity to hold over your tank while the rest of the rock sits fallow.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just not even worry about it as ich doesn’t kill fish and it’s always present regardless.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach or chlorine will kill everything instantly :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back