how to kill off flat worms?

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive 100% got euphellia eating flat worms in my tank eating my frogspawn its been mad for weeks and has shrunken more and more while other corals thrive, how can i get rid of them?

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive 100% got euphellia eating flat worms in my tank eating my frogspawn its been mad for weeks and has shrunken more and more while other corals thrive, how can i get rid of them?
would picking up a six line wrasse get rid of them? or atleast control them enough not to seriously harm the coral anymore?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
would picking up a six line wrasse get rid of them? or atleast control them enough not to seriously harm the coral anymore?
They in numbers can smother bases of this coral and block the needed light as well for production of zooxanthellae which is their energy source.
Removal can be accomplished by siphoning them with a 3/8" tubing into a nylon stocking and discard
OR
Add a wrasse such as Yellow coris, 6 line, lunare or malanurus OR even a springieri damsel which will eat them

With the number you have, for the next 2 weeks you will have to look for eggs and scrape off as there is likely some and would be future acoels. Eggs are really tiny

1678293158905.png

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wouldn't hurt, but for instant removal freshwater dip the hammer for 2 or 3 seconds with a shake in ro that's close to your tanks temp. They will fall right off and give your hammer some relief.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wouldn't hurt, but for instant removal freshwater dip the hammer for 2 or 3 seconds with a shake in ro that's close to your tanks temp. They will fall right off and give your hammer some relief.
gonna buy a sixline tomorrow i dont think im going to freshwater dip it its mounted to my rockwork but im gonna get in there and pick them off and try and scrape eggs

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back