How to make Hellfire Inferno torch more gold

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title says it all. I have been getting conflicting info on how to make these torches more golden. Mine displays predominantly pinkish purple colors. My parameters are as follows. ammonia.1 ph8.2 No2: .2 No3: 50+ (planning to solve that with more frequent water changes and less feeding) dkh 7.5 (added enough to raise another 2 points) mg 1280 Po4 .08 Ca 420 salinity .0255. Using stock biocube lighting.

Attachments

• 20210115_154405.mp4
    16.3 MB

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe tweak your lights? BRS did a good episode on this where blues/reds/UV made the coral fluoresce differently.

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe tweak your lights? BRS did a good episode on this where blues/reds/UV made the coral fluoresce differently.
Any chance you have a link? I can only do so much as its the stock biocube lighting but there is some other uvb and red lights that it receives indirectly from my gecko tanks.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your parameters are all out of wack. Get those in order and your corals will look better. And if all else fails maybe a long dip in Goldenshluger.....

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your parameters are all out of wack. Get those in order and your corals will look better. And if all else fails maybe a long dip in Goldenshluger.....
This and get a new light.

Steve's led is a nice add on so you can keep your lid.

Or you can take the lid off and get an led.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This and get a new light.

Steve's led is a nice add on so you can keep your lid.

Or you can take the lid off and get an led.
Oh I missed the light part, my mind was on the Goldenshluger. Ya Steve's will work awesome in the biocube!

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies I didn’t read your original post entirely as I was kind of speed reading or trying lol . As xxkenny90xx suggested, get your parameters in check first.

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I missed the light part, my mind was on the Goldenshluger. Ya Steve's will work awesome in the biocube!
I plan on switching out lights soon and my parameters spiked a bit because I had to revive some of the corals from a bad cut via extra feeding and ive had to shut off my skimmer for a bit. Everything chemistry wise should balance out in a month I hope. Ive seen some indo golds look better with worse No3 and Po4 too but I don't plan on keeping those high like that.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on switching out lights soon and my parameters spiked a bit because I had to revive some of the corals from a bad cut via extra feeding and ive had to shut off my skimmer for a bit. Everything chemistry wise should balance out in a month I hope. Ive seen some indo golds look better with worse No3 and Po4 too but I don't plan on keeping those high like that.
I'm more concerned about the no2 and ammonia...

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is ammonia bad it almost read zero and didn't even come up to the first measurable square on the red sea test? Nitrites are a little high but again as stated above there has been some out of routine extra feeding so that's also to be expected.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is ammonia bad it almost read zero and didn't even come up to the first measurable square on the red sea test? Nitrites are a little high but again as stated above there has been some out of routine extra feeding so that's also to be expected.
In a properly cycles tank there should be 0 of ammonia and nitrite. Even a little means that ur tank is out of balance. Even a little is poisonous for the live stock.

OP
OP
R

Robertmm31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a properly cycles tank there should be 0 of ammonia and nitrite. Even a little means that ur tank is out of balance. Even a little is poisonous for the live stock.
Well all my shrimp and inverts are doing fine and my tank has live sand rock and live water as well as was cycled for three months and always has microbacter 7 included in the water changes so idk how my cycle wouldn't be complete. I guess all my fish will die then ‍♂️

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes a tank stable takes a lot more complicated biologic process than simply the nitrogen cycle and some live rocks. It takes a long time to reach. The fact that its still detecting ammonia/no2 means ur nitrogen cycle is not robust enough to handle a waste spike yet. Just because ur inverts can tolerate a little toxicity doesn't mean its good for them.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly correct.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For LPS corals the way to get them the color your looking for is buying them the color your looking for and viewing them under similar light you saw it under. I've kept lps going on 15 years and the ONLY color change I've ever seen is a swirly reverse stem hammer change the ratio of green to reverse stem hammers. And even then the green color didn't change, just more green hammer tentacles emerged amongst the reverse stem hammer tentacles.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its your lights. They look to be full spectrum in the 6500k range.. Get more blues violets and uv and itll glow.

You gatta change that lighting.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back