How to make R2R better?? HELP

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A "help" tab!!!!! When I first started on the site it was literally sink or swim. I didnt know where anything was or where to go. I think a lot of newbies would just go elsewhere. Need like a FAQ section or somthing that helps a person find there way around the site

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This may already be in place but Im not sure. An instant message window when you get a new PM. I know there is one that you get when scrolling, but if im in the middle of a thread it would be nice to get a pop up telling me I have a new pm. Sometimes I may be on the virge of logging off and not see it till the next log in.

Yes this is in place already. You need to go to your user cp and check the option.

along the lines of the chat. If we could have some type of IM where if someone was logged into R2R they could just open up a chat window and IM back and forth with another member. There is alot of discussions that go back and forth with PM's to keep everyone from reading pricing, shipping adress, phone numbers. If you could just IM a logged in member that would be cool.

Not sure on this. Are there other sites that have this? If so which ones so i can check it out.

I also would like to see an easier way to upload a picture right through the reply without having to self host or provide a URL.

I'll check into this as well.

Having a coral database would be a major plus, where you could look up the coral by it's common name, for instance I wanted info on the care of the "Mummy Eye" chalice I would see the name" mummy eye" listed under echinophyllia/oxypora so I know exactly what it's care requirements are gonna be. The info listed would contain a picture of the coral, species, lighting, & flow requirements, feeding info, how much light/shading brings out it's best appreance etc. You get the idea, the other sites really don't have something like that & questions about care of corals get asked all the time

I REALLY WANT THIS!! I just need someone with enough knowledge and time to be able to put it together. We have enough people with pictures to fill that part up.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes rev i do. there are MILLIONS of people on that site. we could create them and just have some one add friends all the time i think it would bring a lot of reefers here

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A "help" tab!!!!! When I first started on the site it was literally sink or swim. I didnt know where anything was or where to go. I think a lot of newbies would just go elsewhere. Need like a FAQ section or somthing that helps a person find there way around the site

We have that already I think...

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/faq.php

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceaninabox
Start a sponsor forum so we can vent without airing our dirty laundry for all to see. Or a sponsor online chat forum!!!!!!

It was rarely ever used, but if you guys want it back then we can do that.

How about a sponsor live chat.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you look at the top nav row of buttons you will see the FAQ link. That is where it is.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, instead of a chat feature how about a way to poke/alert somebody if your trying to get their attention, to let them know that they have a pm or email

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to help with the coral database, there are some corals I know but there are many others where I could find that info through inquiry through other reefers, it would be something I would enjoy

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys we have that option. You need to go to your user cp and check the option. When I get a new pm I get a pop up that says I have a new PM.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another thing is attracting the new people in the hobby, as somebody stated earlier you could link reef2reef on other websites, some of your sponsors? I dunno if a place like Marine Depot would go for something like that or a place like Champion lighting, a lot of new hobbyist buy from these mega sites so it becomes a trickle effect

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Favia Freak I will be glad to have you start helping with the database! favia freak how bout starting a new thread in the reef discussion so we can start a discussion on how to do this.

Thanks.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about posting on craigslist? i could be in charge of that, rev make me an add and ill post in different cities

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet Phil! We need to work something up to where it will be ok and not where it will get flagged..

Any ideas?

PS. Thanks guys your doing great!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back