How to make R2R better?? HELP

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok guys and gals it's time for us to get busy making R2R better. Got to keep it going to be one of the best right. :D

So how can we make R2R better?

Being better IMO is having the best info, a lot of it, and having new people sign up and want to participate. How can we do this the best and what are your ideas?

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make a myspace and facebook. Get some one in each area to be a "recuriter" so to speak. give them a number they have to meet and then give them a free upgrade when they bring in that many people. or do that for everyone, say once you get 10 referals or something u get a free 6 months. More sub forums to keep stuff in order and easyier to find info that we are looking for

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start a sponsor forum so we can vent without airing our dirty laundry for all to see. Or a sponsor online chat forum!!!!!!

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is on many forums, and would be a nice addition for the sponsors to be able to talk freely.

that used to be here some place. is it gone? it gave a great place to exchange pricing ideas as well and wholesale houses. there are tons of customers to go around so i found it a great way to help each other out

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We might want to get Google in on this. I dont know how many sites already pay google for the search of "reef forums" or something like that. I think its not too much per hit, but it may be a good idea.

I think the site is very nice and is going great, but we just need more members

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think a chat room would be really nice. a good place to get on and talk about whatever and reef stuff. i think that would be a really nice addition !

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing gets people more motivated than to give them something.
I think the contests are a great way to bring in more members.

Perhaps have a giveaway for new members that sign up between certain dates.
Example, new members that join during September will be entered into a drawing for a free ....

Now you just have to get the word out. How about adding something to the contest.
The person that referred the winner will also win a free ....

So current R2R members solicit new members during September.
The first week of October, a drawing will be held to select one new member at random.
This new member and the current member that referred them win.

Jack

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tritons that's a good idea... how about a totm and a nano totm forum, an invert forum would be cool

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may already be in place but Im not sure. An instant message window when you get a new PM. I know there is one that you get when scrolling, but if im in the middle of a thread it would be nice to get a pop up telling me I have a new pm. Sometimes I may be on the virge of logging off and not see it till the next log in.

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
along the lines of the chat. If we could have some type of IM where if someone was logged into R2R they could just open up a chat window and IM back and forth with another member. There is alot of discussions that go back and forth with PM's to keep everyone from reading pricing, shipping adress, phone numbers. If you could just IM a logged in member that would be cool.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would like to see an easier way to upload a picture right through the reply without having to self host or provide a URL.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
along the lines of the chat. If we could have some type of IM where if someone was logged into R2R they could just open up a chat window and IM back and forth with another member. There is alot of discussions that go back and forth with PM's to keep everyone from reading pricing, shipping adress, phone numbers. If you could just IM a logged in member that would be cool.

BIG +1 on this

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used to have chat here a while ago, I believe it was about 2 and a half years ago, a little after the site was created. It was a great feature, but we had scheduled chats and un-scheduled ones but it had very little use, maybe twice a week.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this conversation with Rev a while back. There are pros and cons to a chat. some feel that chats would take away from the thread posts. I for one like the immediate interaction when I might be on at midnight and there are only 2-3 others on here with me. I think If we did have it, that would be something the others dont offer. One things for sure.......Oceanparadise1 would be on there 24-7 LOL

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a coral database would be a major plus, where you could look up the coral by it's common name, for instance I wanted info on the care of the "Mummy Eye" chalice I would see the name" mummy eye" listed under echinophyllia/oxypora so I know exactly what it's care requirements are gonna be. The info listed would contain a picture of the coral, species, lighting, & flow requirements, feeding info, how much light/shading brings out it's best appreance etc. You get the idea, the other sites really don't have something like that & questions about care of corals get asked all the time

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea +1 faviafreak it'd be like a real database and oceaninabox they already have that it's a great feature go into your user cp

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
make a myspace and facebook. Get some one in each area to be a "recuriter" so to speak. give them a number they have to meet and then give them a free upgrade when they bring in that many people. or do that for everyone, say once you get 10 referals or something u get a free 6 months. More sub forums to keep stuff in order and easyier to find info that we are looking for

Godd idea. Do you think this would draw other reefers really?

Start a sponsor forum so we can vent without airing our dirty laundry for all to see. Or a sponsor online chat forum!!!!!!

It was rarely ever used, but if you guys want it back then we can do that.

We might want to get Google in on this. I dont know how many sites already pay google for the search of "reef forums" or something like that. I think its not too much per hit, but it may be a good idea.

I think the site is very nice and is going great, but we just need more members

We are using google adwords right now. Anything I might be missing?

i think a chat room would be really nice. a good place to get on and talk about whatever and reef stuff. i think that would be a really nice addition !

Chat rooms are tricky, and I am afraid we might loose threads and post due to it. Need more info! :)

Nothing gets people more motivated than to give them something.
I think the contests are a great way to bring in more members.

Perhaps have a giveaway for new members that sign up between certain dates.
Example, new members that join during September will be entered into a drawing for a free ....

Now you just have to get the word out. How about adding something to the contest.
The person that referred the winner will also win a free ....

So current R2R members solicit new members during September.
The first week of October, a drawing will be held to select one new member at random.
This new member and the current member that referred them win.

Jack

Jack I love that idea! I am just wondering if we have reached most of those that we know without spamming other boards. What do you think?

tritons that's a good idea... how about a totm and a nano totm forum, an invert forum would be cool

Can you shed some more light on this? These are actual forums?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%

Back