OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is coming back this next month. I ran out of leads and let it go. But I already have 3 months lined up. ;)

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont really think we would loose info by having a chat room. i guess for me i would still post as i do now. but like someone else said if im on here at midnight or early morn and no threads to post to (cause i already posted to them) then could log on to chat with someone about reefing this or that. i really would like this feature. when i first started looking for a reefing forum, i found reef central that has a chat room. i didnt like the site but i did like their chat room. and they still have plenty of posts and threads daily so i know the chat room isnt taking away from their posts.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would also like to have a hitchiker forum for pictures and id's. for anything that magically appears in our tanks. inverts, corals etc. it would be nice to have, i think i had posted this idea before somewhere else on the site.

jules11vb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about posting on craigslist? i could be in charge of that, rev make me an add and ill post in different cities

When I first found this site I thought it was really cool and posted something on Chatt Craigslist about it. I never checked back to see if it got flagged or not. I just said something basic like "Attn: Saltwater Aquarium Enthusiasts" and told them about the site. I didn't think about getting permission before doing this, so I hope no one's mad.

A few other suggestions....

When you are in say the Announcements category on the far left is a column of diagrams that tell you what the status of each thread is. I think that those diagrams could be more defined and more different from eachother. Also, just having them a different color for a different status is hard to see on some computers. Maybe make each symbol different enough from eachother that when you are trying to quickly search for threads that are new or whatever you can find them more easily.

I think it would be a good idea to do a giveaway that is restricted to only newbies. I may have a biased opinion on this, since I am one, but that aside...I think it would encourage us to grow and learn more about ways to improve our tanks. Even if the free items just came out of someone's tank that didn't want those things anymore.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back