How to mount my apex

Hammer100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best material to mount my controller on? Was thinking MDF or something along those lines.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on MDF, right now inside my stand but will be making a outside stand just for the Apex

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything really. I've even seen them mounted on black acrylic. That looks real nice with it being shiny.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is not what but where :).
Mount it away from water as much as you can....Heat is another element that will screw up the apex.

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one I just put together for a customers tank. This will go under the tank. It's made out of a board that is laminated on all sides with white Formica. There are magnets on the back top and bottom that will allow me to snap it onto their steel stand. There are additional Energy Bars and modules that will go outside in their sump/chiller shed. This is getting installed tomorrow but I've programmed it a couple weeks or so ago and have been testing it since.The four mounts below the modules are for four Tunze 6255 controller interfaces that will connect to one of the VDM modules.
image_zps6b3dkgo2.jpeg

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used MDF for the mounting board whick I painted white. There are of course more expensive/exotic material you can use. If you think that the MDF will be exposed to moisture or heavy humidity I would choose a more stable material such as this: https://www.amazon.com/PVC-Foam-Boa...id=1467893022&sr=8-4&keywords=white+pvc+board

Here are the pictures of my mounting solution. Sorry for the poor quality on the pictures. IKEA Besta cabinet modified with a floating equipment panel that hides power supplies and wiring. Smoked glass door, led accent lights, and cabinet ventilation fans installed.
FullSizeRender (36).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg
IMG_3535.JPG
IMG_3705.JPG

Last edited:

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used MDF for the mounting board whick I painted white. There are of course more expensive/exotic material you can use. If you think that the MDF will be exposed to moisture or heavy humidity I would choose a more stable material such as this: https://www.amazon.com/PVC-Foam-Boa...id=1467893022&sr=8-4&keywords=white+pvc+board

Here are the pictures of my mounting solution. Sorry for the poor quality on the pictures. IKEA Besta cabinet modified with a floating equipment panel that hides power supplies and wiring. Smoked glass door, led accent lights, and cabinet ventilation fans installed.
FullSizeRender (36).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg
IMG_3535.JPG
IMG_3705.JPG

I have this cabinet that I plan to use as my control station. I like you floating solution for the control board. Would you please explain how you mounted the board so that it is floating. Tx

Last edited:

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one I just put together for a customers tank. This will go under the tank. It's made out of a board that is laminated on all sides with white Formica. There are magnets on the back top and bottom that will allow me to snap it onto their steel stand. There are additional Energy Bars and modules that will go outside in their sump/chiller shed. This is getting installed tomorrow but I've programmed it a couple weeks or so ago and have been testing it since.The four mounts below the modules are for four Tunze 6255 controller interfaces that will connect to one of the VDM modules.
image_zps6b3dkgo2.jpeg

How/where did you get those white plastic circular covers for the wire holes? Also, My drill isn't working well on the big holes, what a pain.

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@recess62 - If you look in the bottom picture, there are two 1x3" oak boards that I screwed to the sides of the cabinet. I then drilled holes for the actual panel to screw into. You can determine how far from the back of the cabinet these spacers are placed for your needs. I placed mine all the way back against the back panel. My recommendation is if you can get away with one of the deeper dimension cabinets, it will make the install much less tedious LOL!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How/where did you get those white plastic circular covers for the wire holes? Also, My drill isn't working well on the big holes, what a pain.
I purchased my black ones at Home Depot.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back