How to mount my apex

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a product called Sintra... It is flat pvc.

And some led's,... :) still need to clean up the wires..

Group_Bow_zps6c788f33.gif

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, i found it easier to order them online and get access to more size options

Teddyboy16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this cabinet that I plan to use as my control station. I like you floating solution for the control board. Would you please explain how you mounted the board so that it is floating. Tx
If you look at the very last picture you'll have your answer. On true right side of the picture you'll see a piece of wood with two holes drilled in it. You can't see the left side of the cabinet but I suspect there is another piece the same size, so the floating panel attaches to that. They sit just far enough above to clear the cords, power bricks, etc.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished the install of the new Apex at the customers house this last Thursday. The install went like clock work. It helps to be well prepared with lots of advance planning. In case you were wondering, YES, the new Apex has been working just fine! Not a single solitary issue. After running it for 2 weeks here before the install, I wasn't really expecting any problems anyway.

I still need to install the LED lights once they get their canopy and stand covering done which is 4-6 weeks out. Also need to clean up the wires in the sump shed. I was too tired to monkey with that when I was done with the instal. I will do that when I go back to install the LED's once their canopy is done.

The controller board I made attaches to the steel stand with magnets. The top row on the board contains 2 VDM modules and an LSM. There are 4 Tunze 6255 controllers mounted to the board those. All are controlled by one of the VDM's. The 2nd VDM is for the Reef Brite XHO LED's that will eventually illuminate this display.
image_zpse1lnmcjb.jpeg

image_zpsnomadrh6.jpeg

image_zpskhcxhfdj.jpeg

There is obviously a lot going on in the shed. An EB8 and EB4 provide the power and control for the return pump, skimmer, chiller, heaters, algae scrubber, UV Sterilzer, ATO Pump, ventilation fans and more. The Apex acts as the failsafe for the heaters and chiller which also have dedicated controllers. There is also a PM1 in the shed to provide I/O ports for the custom breakout box and also an ALD module for the leak detection. When I buried the lines in the ground for this system, we ran an extra 1.5" line between the shed and display for the Aquabus cable between the tank and shed as well as an ALD sensor extension for leak detection under the display.
image_zpsljctjdxz.jpeg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott how did you water proof the lid of the outside sump area? I know you are in southern Cali not much rain there. [emoji3]

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a sheet of SINTRA PVC FOAM BOARD PLASTIC SHEETS thats 6 MM 24" X 48".
I will be mounting all of my EcoTech Marine Controllers, and all of my Apex and the Neptune 832 bar and gear on it.
Feel Free to Follow me on my new SCA Custom Rimless 150 Build thread link below:

s-l500.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back