How to pair maroon clownfish

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I pair my maroons?

Just picked up a second clown to pair with my other one I’ve had for a couple months now. I’ve heard maroon clowns are hard to pair up how do I go about this? I have had the male in the tank for a while now and introduced the female yesterday, they seem to have no interest in eachother the female will sometimes nip at the male but most times the male quickly swims away when the female goes near him how should I pair them?
B3FDFE07-13E4-47FF-8B64-C1151C747399.jpeg

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
abryant,

is the existing male the small one on the left?

typically if you want to pair an existing clown, you will want to get a smaller individual as a lone clown may begin transitioning into a female.

adding a smaller/juvenile clown gives a better chance of allowing the older resident/dominant clown to pair up.

If they are both in the tank, not much you can do but give it some time and wait and see.

nice tank btw!

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
abryant,

is the existing male the small one on the left?

typically if you want to pair an existing clown, you will want to get a smaller individual as a lone clown may begin transitioning into a female.

adding a smaller/juvenile clown gives a better chance of allowing the older resident/dominant clown to pair up.

If they are both in the tank, not much you can do but give it some time and wait and see.

nice tank btw!
image.jpg image.jpg
hard to tell size but the male is about half the size of the female. Make is the bottom pic

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back