How to pair up a mean female ?

twintrades

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Location
norther wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 yr old female occ. She has Killed 2 other clowns i gave her..... small and med ones

How can i get her to accept a mate ?

Also how long can a clown be alone till it starts changing ? I have a male ? some one gave me Its a cool missbar black. Im not positive its a male tho the old owner was confused and didnt remember if the male or female he had died before giving this one to me. ( its about the same age and size as the Male from a pair i just got.)

Is there a way to have both in the same tank and "test" compatibility ?
 
I personally wouldn't breed her at all. I imagine aggression is somewhat inherited.
 
I introduced a smaller fish I bought to a female occ I had. What I did was I placed the smaller fish I bought in a 20 oz.plastic soda bottle with large holes drilled through it ( not to big that the smaller fish gets out of course). I placed this bottle in the tank with the larger female and kept him in there for about a week and fed him with a syringe with a rigid plastic tubing attached, through one of the holes. After a week I released the smaller fish and they paired up nicely. They spawned many times after that. Hope it helps!


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
You could also try separating the tank with egg crate with one fish on each side. That way she can get used to him without beating him up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new