How to pair up a mean female ?

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 yr old female occ. She has Killed 2 other clowns i gave her..... small and med ones

How can i get her to accept a mate ?

Also how long can a clown be alone till it starts changing ? I have a male ? some one gave me Its a cool missbar black. Im not positive its a male tho the old owner was confused and didnt remember if the male or female he had died before giving this one to me. ( its about the same age and size as the Male from a pair i just got.)

Is there a way to have both in the same tank and "test" compatibility ?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced a smaller fish I bought to a female occ I had. What I did was I placed the smaller fish I bought in a 20 oz.plastic soda bottle with large holes drilled through it ( not to big that the smaller fish gets out of course). I placed this bottle in the tank with the larger female and kept him in there for about a week and fed him with a syringe with a rigid plastic tubing attached, through one of the holes. After a week I released the smaller fish and they paired up nicely. They spawned many times after that. Hope it helps!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Midwestclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also try separating the tank with egg crate with one fish on each side. That way she can get used to him without beating him up

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back