How to plumb?

Jivatma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this is out there somewhere, but I am being a bit pessimistic and not wanting to read through 100+ posts about plumbing.

Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere? I've checked BRStv and their one episode on the 52weeks briefly touched on it.

If no all-in-one guide exists anywhere, I have a few questions for plumbing my first tank.

SPECS:
75g display and 40b sump.
Varios-2 return pump(may run two. Don't know yet or may upgrade to Varios-4)
EMS 32" overflow box

Where is the best place to put my unions for dismantling/cleaning/repairing?

I know to attach the piping to the stand in some way to help hold the water weight off the overflow box, but is there a 'best' way to do this, or should I do it in a way where I can remove piping easily?

Gate valves for flow control - is there a best spot? Just need one on main return right?

Being my first tank, is it recommended to plan for a manifold? I don't have the k nowledge of reactors and what not, nor do I want to try and run them on my first tank, so Should I try to plan this? I was thinking to plan a split for simple water changes however. If I can figure that out.

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about making a mistake use unions so you can change the layout in the future as your needs change

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back