How to QT Derasa clam

RWhitt907

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
405
Reaction score
190
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my first clam today, I've got it isolated in a 7g tank at the moment and was wondering what the QT process was.
 
I have a 40 gal reef that I use to QT clams corals and anemones. But I don’t QT fish. I acclimated fish to get them to get use to captivity condition and eat well.
I use my QT system or my lighted sump (of my main tank) to acclimate my fishes.
 
Do you use any meds to qt your clams?
I have a 40 gal reef that I use to QT clams corals and anemones. But I don’t QT fish. I acclimated fish to get them to get use to captivity condition and eat well.
I use my QT system or my lighted sump (of my main tank) to acclimate my fishes.
 
I do not. Mainly I treat for parasitic snails and FWD if the clam has PMD. If the clam does not look well or growing well then it does not get to my DT.
 
I do not. Mainly I treat for parasitic snails and FWD if the clam has PMD. If the clam does not look well or growing well then it does not get to my DT.
No meds for the snails? And what does PMD look like?
 
Keep the clam in isolation as long as it takes to eliminate the snails. If you are diligent about detecting and remove all the baby snails before they mature and breed, then about 4 weeks after remove the last one is sufficient. I would continue to check your clams for parasitic snails monthly for at least 1 year, even after you put him into your main tank.
 
Keep the clam in isolation as long as it takes to eliminate the snails. If you are diligent about detecting and remove all the baby snails before they mature and breed, then about 4 weeks after remove the last one is sufficient. I would continue to check your clams for parasitic snails monthly for at least 1 year, even after you put him into your main tank.
I appreciate the help. Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new