How to reanchor my toadstool

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty good luck gluing them. I glue them and leave them in the lowest possible flow for a couple of days then move them when they are secure.

You could glue to rubble, then glue the rubble to the live rock.

goatcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gluing seems to works only when I really dry the base of the toadstool blotting completely with a paper towel. Agree out of tank to the rubble and then rubble to rock in tank would probably work. Rubber band also works. But sometimes the spot makes it difficult.

OP
OP
Vero Reefer

Vero Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will try that I just dropped a rock in my tank and wiped out my frog spawn and hammer corals I'm so mad right now

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used zip ties with success. Make it too tight and you'll end up with two toadstools.

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could pat the base a little dry and glue or just rubberband it to a rock, both have worked fine for me.

KIRBLIT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use thread and needle through them and then tie it to the plug to hold them on until they attach, maybe a week. Glue doesn't work well with them most of the time.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back