How to remove red mushrooms?

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys,

Anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of red mushrooms? They are overtaking my tank and I need to get them out! I have them growing on the walls, easy enough, I'll just razor blade them off but my question is for the rocks they have engulfed. Can I take out the rock and just scrub them off with a brush then dip the rocks in some RODI water to rinse them clean and put them back in the tank without having to bleach the rock? Has anyone done anything like this before? I just don't want to reintroduce thousands of little mushroom spores and end up with an even worse infestation than I already have. I don't really want to get rid of the rock and replace them.

Thanks!

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
youll probably better off taking the whole rock out and giving it to your local LFS and changing that rock with a new one. Some LFS will take corals in and sometimes even give u store credit.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
youll probably better off taking the whole rock out and giving it to your local LFS and changing that rock with a new one. Some LFS will take corals in and sometimes even give u store credit.
But if u dont want to. Then take the rock out and scrape the shroom 1by1 and make sure to do it outside ur house.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back