How to replace front glass on aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ippyroy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
5,503
Reaction score
32,586
Location
West Yellowstone
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an aquarium and the front pane was broken. I know I can cut it off, get a new one and replace it. Without completely rebuilding the entire tank, would it be possible to maybe add a couple of small squares of glass silicone to the bottom? Wouldn't that cover the spot where the new and old silicone meet and don't bond?
 
You need to remove all 5 panes and remove all the old silicone. New silicone does not bond to old silicone. I would not trust that band aid
 
What size tank? Do you have picture? You would need to replace the whole piece. I have successfully replaced a front pane on a 40 breeder without messing with the other sides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new