How to Safely Move Stomatella Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike N
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,566
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a bunch of stomatella snails in a tank I'm about to tear down. I'd like to transfer the stomatellas to another tank, but I have no idea how to move them without hurting them. Any suggestions?
 
Just grab them with tongs?I was worried about not being able to get a good grip on their little helmets lol
 
There are a bunch of stomatella snails in a tank I'm about to tear down. I'd like to transfer the stomatellas to another tank, but I have no idea how to move them without hurting them. Any suggestions?
As long as theyre not extremly small you can gentily pick them up by hand. Dont pull hard they should let go of whatever they're on
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new