OP
OP
F

FishLover1247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of a 125-225 gallon tank. I know that's a big difference, but I'm not sure yet. The tank will be brand new, and the desired inhabitants are:
Emperor Angelfish, Princess Parrotfish, Miniatus Grouper, 2-3 triggerfish (not sure what kind), Green Bird Wrasse, 1-2 large tangs (not sure what kind), Blue Boxfish, Shaggy Anglerfish, Dogface Puffer, Walking Batfish, Magnificent Foxface, Harlequin Tusk, 2-3 medium-sized eels and a Blue Spiny Lobster.

NO CORAL!!!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to cycle it... Right?

When you stock, do it slowllllyyyy. I know it is annoying, but that's just what you have to do. You have to have patience in this hobby.

And, why no coral? Do you not like the extra maintenance? I am just curious lol...

OP
OP
F

FishLover1247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to cycle it... Right?

When you stock, do it slowllllyyyy. I know it is annoying, but that's just what you have to do. You have to have patience in this hobby.

And, why no coral? Do you not like the extra maintenance? I am just curious lol...
Yes, I will cycle for quite a while. Not sure how long. Maybe 2 weeks? I will try my best to be patient. No coral because I'm worried it will be killed by the tank's inhabitants. Also, I want it to be fish-focused.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I will cycle for quite a while. Not sure how long. Maybe 2 weeks? I will try my best to be patient. No coral because I'm worried it will be killed by the tank's inhabitants. Also, I want it to be fish-focused.
The cycles can take longer, shorter or 2 weeks to finish. Really depends on how you do it.

How are you going to cycle the tank? Letting it sit for 2 weeks with just water will be ineffective. Tell me your plan.

OP
OP
F

FishLover1247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cycles can take longer, shorter or 2 weeks to finish. Really depends on how you do it.

How are you going to cycle the tank? Letting it sit for 2 weeks with just water will be ineffective. Tell me your plan.
Well, I was going to get some live sand, a few live rocks, and a lot of dry rock, feed the tank with ammonia, and check levels every couple of days.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was going to get some live sand, a few live rocks, and a lot of dry rock, feed the tank with ammonia, and check levels every couple of days.
Sounds good. I was worried you were going to just let the water sit in a tank for 2 weeks, and get your first fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey, thinking about getting into the saltwater hobby, but I don't know how to stock properly.
Stock in order of what fish you want and will be suitable size for your tank, then add fish in order of aggression and growth size potential

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back