How would you lower a float switch in your skimmer cup?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
1,767
Reaction score
2,071
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the time the water level reaches the switch, there's already stuff spilling through the holes in the top. Probably wouldn't be a big deal if I just emptied the thing on a regular basis ;)

Anyway, I imagine there is a simple way to do this but my brain is broken and I thought I'd ask here.

The switch thread is m8 1.25

Thanks!

QP0BTMF.jpg
 
Small piece of acrylic added inside of the cup, then drill that new "shelf" to add your float to. That would be my approach.
 
Small piece of acrylic added inside of the cup, then drill that new "shelf" to add your float to. That would be my approach.

The length of the switch (threaded side) is somewhat short. The nut fastens okay as is. But adding other layer would make it impossible to fasten it
 
I mean a separate shelf down in the cup. Also, if you would be willing to drill the side of the cup, they make these float switches for air conditioning systems that thread in. You could position the switch outside of the cup that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new