How to propagate

• Total voters

Bropar_Marty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got sucked into the shroom game. Have some higher end ones Frank, JB, Interstellars, god spawn and some other unique ones. So thing is do you guys who keep the higher end shrooms, do you feed or don't feed. If you do feed what do you use and how often? What lighting do you use? Thinking of switching from black box LED to T5s. Just purchased a shroom box to keep all these expensive beauties safe. My tank is mainly LPS with medium flow maybe medium lighting, lights don't go above 30/100 on blues or full spec. A big question is do you wait for natural splits or baby drops or do you cut? Thanks for viewing and any help.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got various mushrooms. I’ve fed them the way I feed all my LPS. But I’ve noticed they don’t seem to eat often. Every two weeks they’ll open their mouths, eat and close up into a ball. I give them medium and low lighting. They do well in almost any condition.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep an og bounce atm. So I keep it at the bottom of the tank, I run my lights with more blue, also put in an area with as little flow as possible. I feed it whenever I can, sometimes it’ll never close up into a ball, close up after a minute or two after food is target feed, or even close up within seconds. Whenever you feed, make sure to turn off most flow off if possible. It all depends on the mushroom for propagation to me, if it’s dropping babies or naturally splitting, I’ll let it be, otherwise I tend to cut it. I just use a razor blade right down the middle of the mushroom making sure to get a piece of the mouth on each side.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back