Howdy, fairly new reefer here

Welcome!
191E6049-2479-48F0-AF92-D4159FA3649B.gif
 
Howdy,

My name is Robert, and I have been reefing for only six months or so. I had never seriously considered reefing as I had thought it would be too challenging for my limited skills and patience. But about half a year ago, my coven's crone had me over for dinner, and showed me her saltwater aquarium. Being quite impressed, I had a lot of questions, and as it turns out it is something I can do. Running a 40 gallon with softies. Can't post any pictures as I keep my use of tech to a pretty low minimum and don't have a digital camera or a smart phone.

Looking forward to getting to know everybody.

-Robert
Welcome to R2R Robert. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. Pictures are great but even just documenting what you are doing, what has happened, and where you're going can be just as good.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new