Howdy from Philly

rmurken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have been lurking and reading these forums for the better part of two years. About a year ago, I started a 55 gal FOWLR. 15lbs of Fiji LR, and 40lb base rock. A few fish (nicest is a coral beauty, coolest is a bicolor blenny). Just starting to get some pinpoints of purple coralline, which is super-exciting.

I’d make the jump to coral except I made a bad acquisition: a beautiful red-purple urchin that eats positively everything in its path (including my first coral attempt—some xenia). As I understand they can live upwards of 30 years in captivity, I plan to rehome the urchin eventually and then get on with some corals.

Love me some water chemistry, and I have fun keeping the water “reef quality” even if it’s just a FOWLR for the moment.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r28.gif

Pop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have been lurking and reading these forums for the better part of two years. About a year ago, I started a 55 gal FOWLR. 15lbs of Fiji LR, and 40lb base rock. A few fish (nicest is a coral beauty, coolest is a bicolor blenny). Just starting to get some pinpoints of purple coralline, which is super-exciting.

I’d make the jump to coral except I made a bad acquisition: a beautiful red-purple urchin that eats positively everything in its path (including my first coral attempt—some xenia). As I understand they can live upwards of 30 years in captivity, I plan to rehome the urchin eventually and then get on with some corals.

Love me some water chemistry, and I have fun keeping the water “reef quality” even if it’s just a FOWLR for the moment.
Welcome to R2R!

Peepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to r2r! Go NJ DEVILS!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back