Howdy from So. Cal

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow aquarist. I'm a LONG time lurker, finally a first time poster.

I am currently running a newish 4ft 120gal tank and I'm easing into the coral side of things. I was more of a Fowler guy for years on various previous tanks (60 gal, 180 gal, 30 gal aio, 50 gal cube and back to a 120gal) but much like everyone else, Covid changed the game for me, majorly in terms of learning and adjusting to life of running a reef tank (since I had time to learn). So... Long story short, looking forward to meeting, chatting and learning! Photo is of the current 120gal started in March.

Cheers,
Court

20210528_122443_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and Welcome. Fellow SoCal reefer here. Where abouts are you?
Long Beach area.
Welcome to R2R!

Impressive 120g. Love the choice of fish!
Thanks, I believe in variety. There's a Longnose Hawkfish, Sixline wrasse, striped Blenny and some Cardinal fish somewhere and a evil 'mater female clownfish... Most are migrated fish from the 30 gal and 50 gal I was running.

RocksNStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow aquarist. I'm a LONG time lurker, finally a first time poster.

I am currently running a newish 4ft 120gal tank and I'm easing into the coral side of things. I was more of a Fowler guy for years on various previous tanks (60 gal, 180 gal, 30 gal aio, 50 gal cube and back to a 120gal) but much like everyone else, Covid changed the game for me, majorly in terms of learning and adjusting to life of running a reef tank (since I had time to learn). So... Long story short, looking forward to meeting, chatting and learning! Photo is of the current 120gal started in March.

Cheers,
Court

20210528_122443_HDR.jpg
Wait wait wait, socal reefer with a red Sox pic on your profile??! I take offense to that sir :). Kidding. Nice tank! And go Padres! ( San Diego kid here )

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait wait wait, socal reefer with a red Sox pic on your profile??! I take offense to that sir :). Kidding. Nice tank! And go Padres! ( San Diego kid here )
The Pads are trending in the right direction, so you should be proud to rep them, it's crazy that the NL west is so competitive this year! I'm a LONG way from home, Red Sox baseball is in my blood, I don't know any better!

RocksNStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pads are trending in the right direction, so you should be proud to rep them, it's crazy that the NL west is so competitive this year! I'm a LONG way from home, Red Sox baseball is in my blood, I don't know any better!
I've been a Pads fan since I didn't know any better. In years where they do pretty good it feels odd :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back