Howmuch to feed? Some assistance please :)

Reef_at_Sea

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2024
Messages
592
Reaction score
285
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a 50 gallon AIO tank mixed LPS/softies reef wich currently holds 2 clownfish, a sailfin blenny, a yellow/purple wrasse & a links goby (linki)

Howmuch should i be looking to feed when it comes to frozen food & pellets?
Currently i give 1/4 frozen food daily & the other day i give pellets.

My phosphate is fine but my nitrates seem to rise a little.
 
Personally I would feed 1/4 cube 2-3 times a day, and pellets every few days. Or 1/4 cube once a day and pellets once a day....
I do reverse. Pellets 3 times daily with a feeder and frozen 2-3 times a week. I try to keep my melanrus hungry for meats so she has an appetite for red planaria.
 
I do reverse. Pellets 3 times daily with a feeder and frozen 2-3 times a week. I try to keep my melanrus hungry for meats so she has an appetite for red planaria.
That’s cool. My point is to feed more often per day and that pellets are more nutritional than mysis or brine.
 
I get algae when I feed frozen too often. Delicate balance it seems!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new