How's it going R2R! New addition from the CA Central Valley

Running Iron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,

I've been a lurker here for a long time but I've been making steps toward starting up my first reef so I figured it was time to join and I'm excited to be here!

I've had two low tech freshwater planted tanks going for about 5 years a 29 and a 5.5. but the whole time my interest has really been with the marine side of the hobby. I've spent a significant amount of that time researching reef keeping on this forum, watching YouTube videos, and listening to podcasts.

But what kept me from starting up for so long was my desire to have a large tank with all the bells and whistles and the associated exponentially increasing cost of that tank.

But I actually want to enjoy a tank in my home not in my head so I'm going to start smaller and simpler. So I've got a 40 breeder, a plan for a diy stand, and now a place to come and ask about budget minded but quality pieces of equipment to get me going on this journey.

I look forward to contributing some build threads to this forum and more once I've gotten my feet wet.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back