Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not to bad here in Kansas right now. We went to Arizona over Christmas to get into some warmer weather. It was colder there then at home. But the snow did add to the beauty of the Grand Canyon.

IMG_20190101_143602.jpg

Arizona can be a tricky one during the cool months. I lived in Phoenix for a year, shorts and T shirt, drive north to Flagstaff and be in snow, the next day it could be gone.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rub it In Folks;)

Detroit area is perfect for cold and flu ;Vomit 28-34 for lows to the 40-50's highs. And Yes on the Ice Fishing

perch.gif
Nice slab perch...hopefully I'll get out this weekend, got some maggots coming in the mail.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arizona can be a tricky one during the cool months. I lived in Phoenix for a year, shorts and T shirt, drive north to Flagstaff and be in snow, the next day it could be gone.
We never seen the shorts weather! It probably warmed up"after" we left.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside it’s about 60 in Oceanside, CA. We are having huge surf at the beach and the water is too cold for trunks, which makes this an inside day for this couch surfer. The fridge is filled with cold ones and there is ice cream in the freezer next to the fish cubes so we are set to weather out the hige storm surge here with our cold and freezing temperatures right where they belong, thank you for asking. You reminded me that I need to restock the fish cubes later this week.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like skiing the east...Vermont has lots of snow in the hills now. Mostly sloppy stuff in the Champlain Valley where I'm at. The forecast is for single digit temps this weekend, then moderate back to the 20's.
I skied Mt Mansfield one year, I should have brought Ice Skates and a helmet OUCH! absolutely Beautiful country and villages

I have always wanted to go ice fishing!
No better table fish than Ice cought Yellow Perch...Period!
Metro Detroit is Cold and Blustery with Flurry's , it should start making ice today because I was getting the small boat ready to go fishing. Ya know that Murphy thing

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No better table fish than Ice cought Yellow Perch...Period!
Metro Detroit is Cold and Blustery with Flurry's , it should start making ice today because I was getting the small boat ready to go fishing. Ya know that Murphy thing

We troll Lake Champlain for landlocked atlantic salmon, browns, lakers and steelhead as long as the ramps are plowed and there is minimal ice to bust through, usually into January sometimes all year. My buddy got an 8 lb landlocked salmon on January 7th, which is a bragger size here, most are 16" to 20". A well though out boat cover, buddy heater, life jackets, marine radio and it is no crazier than standing on the ice.;Woot

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You folks up north have my sympathies and I'm glad many of you can make the best of it. I used to snow ski a lot when I lived in Michigan. But yesterday in Sebring, FL it was upper 70's and mostly sunny. I met a sports car race team owner and got a nice shot of one of his drivers who finished in 2nd place!

DSCN9751 R1.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 Did You survive the snow? Still now snow here mid Jan and I have yet to break out the shovel but temps have finally dropped and the lakes are freezing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Katrina71 Did You survive the snow? Still now snow here mid Jan and I have yet to break out the shovel but temps have finally dropped and the lakes are freezing.
We haven't gotten much! I am so jealous. Today we have an ice warning.

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a few inches yesterday in St. John, In. I’m tired of winters. I wish it was easy to pack up and move. I would like to be able to enjoy the outdoors all year long!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back