View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

@howaboutme

we are in a cycle conspiracy you and me

ur right it’s a train wreck thread

hey why didn’t you meet me in the alley last nite we’d skyped out the details, I had the briefcase and the codes bro

Hey! Don't forget about me! . Back in the mid 90s when I started my maintenance business I contacted Medina Agricultural Products about nitrifying bacteria cultures to help cycle tanks. They said it was pointless since nitryfiers are ubiquitous and you can't really stop them. Don't know why people don't check for themselves, easiest enough to put salt in a gallon of water and test to see ammonia dissapear without adding anything but a little ammonia

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim that is neat to consider where we get incoming lines for bac/vectors

that is neat that's your job no wonder I like your details spoken about bac for years. you also do well to keep reefcentral up to par as I read it whenever cycling is in question.

That's not my line of work but its been fun hunting down these vectors over the years, to explain why its so darn easy to crank out a thousand cycled reefs where everyone's fish are handled just fine.

Dr. Tim mentioned most of the water we use is already seeded/not boiled etc so its a vector for incoming bac, that seems to imply it doesnt matter if originating in fw or sw apparently as adjustments are made/selected for forward motion in a given salinity given enough time and feed presence

delivery lines for any water such as ro delivery lines will have a sheen of scum on the inner diameter, sloughing as we go is that agreeable (and also why the ro drinking water tanks must be cleaned occasionally or stink, contamination)

and while it may not be the exact bacterial clades a dna sample would show in a 2 year eval (our added fish and corals import a new biome that begins selection and is highly suited for evolution at our salinity) the original workhorses of the filter system are various aerobic heterotrophs that bloom when hydrated and alternate generations well enough to persist until the proper clades get a foothold. the functioning endpoint result is working biofilter at day 30 given any type of feeding, progressing any number of years the system stays wet even though a different set of bacteria are pulling the load by month 24
(succession garnered from patterns in aquabiomic posts)

add a small percentage of aerial floc input, less in drier regions and 90% significant if lives near the plume field of niagara lol is this order of ops a decent input picture?

Last edited:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back