HUGO!!! WHAT THE HECK is THIS???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Adam here's a little bit of background on th acro. A long time ago when I was a vendor and was selling my corals together with john susbila through exotic frags i remember that john named it Snipersps lapiz lazul and it was famous back in those days but u fortunately it was very sensitive and the majority of people who bought died on them also I remember that steve tyre was going to make it limited edition but the ones that I sent him died but the good thing of this was that I was lucky enough to save a few fragments from my tank crash from 2006 and it grew but then I had another tank crash and what was left I gave to my friend Danny and he had it for a very long time and it survived then he changed the name to blueberry yum yum and I'm lucky because I just set up my 400 gallon and I got my mini colony back so you guys can name it snipersps lapiz lazul or blueberry yum yum

Thanks for chiming in! lapiz lazul Is what i remember now for sure. Glad i was able to keep this one alive. no joke it was on the verge for a couple years but i just left it alone and it finally started getting blue, then growing some nubs. its cool acro man thanks again!

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's blue and I mean real blue. The kind of blue that doesn't photograph well or at least I have not figured out how to capture it well but what an oddball gem. Any one have this thing or recognize it?
Here's the best I could do. Close but not quite all there. Just a tough color to real nail.
I find, the only way I can accurately photograph any of my blue pieces is if I turn of the blue channel of my lights, then switch my camera's white balance to auto. I usually have to do a little tweaking in photoshop to get it just right though. There's usually added green or purple that aren't actually in the coral.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find, the only way I can accurately photograph any of my blue pieces is if I turn of the blue channel of my lights, then switch my camera's white balance to auto. I usually have to do a little tweaking in photoshop to get it just right though. There's usually added green or purple that aren't actually in the coral.

Are you shooting in RAW?

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done a few trades with Hugo as well and I've got one piece thats just recently starting to color up. I've probably moved it too many times but I've recently just left it-It's been at least 2 years and I've been patient, I can now tell my patience is being rewarded-I've been real happy with how all Hugo's pieces have turned out

Glad you saved that one Adam, it's a cool piece ( are you sensing any subliminal hints :) )

w.gurney77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam, I recognize that one! Its one of the " frags" in that pack you're shipping me next week. Just kidding, gorgeous piece man! Love to hear the stories behind some of these acros and how they changed hands.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam,

How has this one been doing for you since this thread? Is it one you dont frag often? Slow grower? Most corals I can find stuff on from the forums over the years but there is basically nothing out there on this.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this doesn't have lineage, but I think it may be the same. The green comes and goes, depending on nutrients I guess. The blue is absolutely beautiful, you can see it in the FTS below the melanurus wrasse.

33518422715_c3a4f924f1_o.png

34739413010_29f8fd1323_o.png

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this doesn't have lineage, but I think it may be the same. The green comes and goes, depending on nutrients I guess. The blue is absolutely beautiful, you can see it in the FTS below the melanurus wrasse.

33518422715_c3a4f924f1_o.png

34739413010_29f8fd1323_o.png
That is so awesome!

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is my favorite BC coral. Mine is a fast grower and very hardy. I just switched lighting from T-5 to Led, so it is just starting to color up. Mine tends to get some blue and green around the base.

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN2171.JPG
Here is a frag. I had another larger frag but one of my tuxedo urchins swiped it and must of dropped it somewhere dark and unreachable...******* urchin.

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have this piece? It’s turned into one of, if not my favorite piece. Took a bit to encrust over the plug and acclimate to the led’s But now it’s growing at an insane pace.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone else have this piece? It’s turned into one of, if not my favorite piece. Took a bit to encrust over the plug and acclimate to the led’s But now it’s growing at an insane pace.

Nice revival! Yeah this piece has really grown on me, both in actual size and my own appreciation of it:)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back