Huh?

wasafuzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've recently lost one of my clowns (I know, who loses clowns?) and I don't know for sure if I'm going to replace her. I bought the two together 7 months ago and the larger one is still among the living. I reached out to two online fish retailers. One said to bring in a small Juvenile but watch for aggression, while the other said bring in a larger one to try to keep the aggression down. Two fish retailers, totally different answers. Any ideas or is it just a crap shoot?

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clown and how big?
If you are sure it is a young clown then you could try to go bigger, but in most cases you will have a better chance adding a smaller (male) clown to your current clown who could still be male or who could have converted to female already.
In other words two males together are usually ok but two females are rarely ok with each other.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You always replace a clownfish with a smaller clownfish that you have left. You may have some aggression, but it shouldn't be to much. Since you lost your bigger one, it was a female. The you currently have will become a female if you add a smaller clownfish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back