Hurricane Lesson Learned , Looking for great place to buy fish in South Florida

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost all fish in my 100gal. reef tank, generators are useless if you can't be home to turn on! All corals and critters survived, 12 hours without power, all my little buddies were dead. Tank is very lonely and I am looking for suggestions for a really great place to buy fish in South Florida, road trip ok, live on west coast near Ft. Myers, looking for a great selection of healthy fish, captive breed fish would be a plus

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's other stores here in area.
Seascape is on gulf gate and 41 in sarasota as well store has been around while. Only con is tanks always look show lack of cleaning and caring.
Theres one store in venice/osprey nokomis eco reef i think is name... next to kfc/taco bell combo joint in lil strip mall to the right of taco bell.
Coral connection is on clark rd/stickney point...closed mon and tues. tell them betty sent ya
also in bradenton never been there but a friend Richie works at frag freaks think its on 301 and 63rd just behind the srq airport. Gonna check this place out soon.
lastly theres a store on cattleman and palmer. between palmer and bahia vista on cattleman will be on right in strip mall.
I think its called pieces of the ocean.
I use coral connection and cattleman store as my top 2.
If ya dont mind drive to tampa area there's wayyyyy better there... Marine wharehouse
also get on the tampa bay reefing club fb page or forum and ask about good stores as well...

Hope this helps and ya find some nice pieces.... good luck in your treasure hunt....

betty

OP
OP
Bob Bennett

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's other stores here in area.
Seascape is on gulf gate and 41 in sarasota as well store has been around while. Only con is tanks always look show lack of cleaning and caring.
Theres one store in venice/osprey nokomis eco reef i think is name... next to kfc/taco bell combo joint in lil strip mall to the right of taco bell.
Coral connection is on clark rd/stickney point...closed mon and tues. tell them betty sent ya
also in bradenton never been there but a friend Richie works at frag freaks think its on 301 and 63rd just behind the srq airport. Gonna check this place out soon.
lastly theres a store on cattleman and palmer. between palmer and bahia vista on cattleman will be on right in strip mall.
I think its called pieces of the ocean.
I use coral connection and cattleman store as my top 2.
If ya dont mind drive to tampa area there's wayyyyy better there... Marine wharehouse
also get on the tampa bay reefing club fb page or forum and ask about good stores as well...

Hope this helps and ya find some nice pieces.... good luck in your treasure hunt....

betty
Thanks again, the hunt is on, love the store in Venice, great coral selection, just very light on the fish. Had forgotten about Marine Warehouse in Tampa, use to get all my stuff there when I lived in Tampa. Not looking for anything too exotic, love going to shops, will check out all your suggestions. Did a phone book tour of stores in Ft. Myers, 5hrs spent driving to stores that were out of business , kind of sad, should have called first!

Bdrake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've purchased from Saltwater Solutions in Bonita Springs has been healthy and happy. I hear Boardroom Aquatics in Fort Myers has reopened. When first getting into the hobby they were my go to. I had very little knowledge of marine aquarium care at the time and they coached me well and gave fantastic advise. Best of luck to you

Ryan Souza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really dont mind the road trip, healthy aquatics institute in boynton beach is amazing, well taken care of fish, and will not let them go without 12 day quaratine. Call ahead and make sure they have what you want and if it makes it through quaratine go head.

OP
OP
Bob Bennett

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really dont mind the road trip, healthy aquatics institute in boynton beach is amazing, well taken care of fish, and will not let them go without 12 day quaratine. Call ahead and make sure they have what you want and if it makes it through quaratine go head.
Road trip no problem, thanks so much, will be checking them out for sure, I never had too many fish, and would love to add all new fish at one time

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back