Kermitcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Today I'd like to talk about hybrid clownfish and the growing popularity around them. If you have any photos or videos documenting your luck with cross breeding please post below.

Other questions what clowns hybrid well and easy to mix?

What are the more difficult breeds to mix?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a naked clownfish for nearly 10 years. It was 2 years old when i got it. It was paired with a regular oscy. They were inseperable until she/he died.
Want to try again with a naked and midnight eventually.

MissouriReefer31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Today I'd like to talk about hybrid clownfish and the growing popularity around them. If you have any photos or videos documenting your luck with cross breeding please post below.

Other questions what clowns hybrid well and easy to mix?

What are the more difficult breeds to mix?
Following your topic.

I can't really find a whole lot on hybrid clowns. I know alot of people keep different morph Occallaris but that's not hybrids. Also idk if morph is the correct terminology lol its what we use in reptiles.

I myself have a black Occy male with a massive Cinnamon female. They share a GBTA. As far as breeding idk yet as they have not had a clutch. Aggression she was honestly alot nicer then his last mate who was a regular Occy female.

I'd say with my experience always make sure ones significantly smaller then the other when mixing and also the more aggressive species should be the female.

I've paired occy with tomato clowns, Cinnamon clowns. I've also had pink skunk with Cinnamon. As well as saw a pair at my lfs.

Just my input from my small experience.

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the most part it's just different morphs of the same species. If you want to know how each morph came about check out the sea and reef website. They have a lot of information for each species about how they developed the morphs.

There are a few hybrids that do show up with some consistency. I have mainly seen ocellaris/percula, photons, and ocellaris/maroon, blood orange clownfish. Other hybrids are possible and appear very rarely.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back