Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered it from brs. Maybe @Aquaforest will chime in or should I send a pm?
Send them a PM....I know some of BRS and amazon batches are still pretty old batches like a year or so. Some other people also reported the same.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send them a PM....I know some of BRS and amazon batches are still pretty old batches like a year or so. Some other people also reported the same.

Thanks, I'll drop them a line in a bit

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is very unusual @hybridazn @Anirban. This is a first for me to hear about low calcium. I'm sure Aquaforest will take care of this. [emoji41]
As per my reports from other complains few batches are also low in Alk and Ca. Amazon and BRS are still selling them. So, people will still face the problem.:(:(:(:(

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per my reports from other complains few batches are also low in Alk and Ca. Amazon and BRS are still selling them. So, people will still face the problem.:(:(:(:(

Bummer, the alk isn't so much an issue and I was actually aware of this. It's honestly not that much lower either, they say it should be around 7.2 and I'm testing 7.0

The calcium is another story, it wouldn't be so bad if it was in the ballpark but this isn't even the same zipcode lol

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bummer, the alk isn't so much an issue and I was actually aware of this. It's honestly not that much lower either, they say it should be around 7.2 and I'm testing 7.0

The calcium is another story, it wouldn't be so bad if it was in the ballpark but this isn't even the same zipcode lol
Lol....looks like you should exchange it with people having normal Ca but low alk....:p

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol....looks like you should exchange it with people having normal Ca but low alk....:p
I gladly would lol

Is that the reef salt or sea salt?

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gladly would lol

Is that the reef salt or sea salt?
Reef salt....some have low alk but other two fine, some have issue with high Mg and some have low Ca like you. All of these are from last years few batches which are still in the market and distributed by BRS and Amazon.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef salt....some have low alk but other two fine, some have issue with high Mg and some have low Ca like you. All of these are from last years few batches which are still in the market and distributed by BRS and Amazon.

Dang, stinks but I have enough calcium chloride to bump the tank up after every water change if need be for this batch.

Knock on wood .... I've had no issues at all and I use both Reef salt and Probiotic.
Me too and possibly Jsker too..:D

Hwoefully my next box will be better on the calcium side. But I'll be most likely ordering from brs :(

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a box two weeks ago from Amazon, I will check Wednesday to see were my Ca is at.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm just a thought out loud I guess.... I always buy buckets.... not the boxes.

Just saying..... [emoji848]

Oh man, I hope that's not the issue lol. I like the boxes because you get more salt lol

Just purchased a box two weeks ago from Amazon, I will check Wednesday to see were my Ca is at.

Nice, please let us know what you get

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I hope that's not the issue lol. I like the boxes because you get more salt lol

Nice, please let us know what you get
Will do.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic of sump area from fishkam camera. I removed the bio pellet reactor and plumbed in just a pump to feed my skimmer. And also added the Vertex Zeovit reactor. Looks pretty nice :)

2017y5M23d16h52m43s.jpg

And fyi, the next post on my thread will he #1000! Holy cow I never thought this build would get that far lol.

Big shout out to all my homies here at R2R and #reefsquad and #mods for all the love!

Last edited:
Back