Hydor Clearance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that Bulk Reef Supply has all its Hydor gear on clearance so it appears they will no longer be carrying it. Is this fallout from their Marine Depot merger or more related to troubles with Hydor?

Their power heads didn’t last forever but they were perfect, low cost models for things like mixing tanks and newbies entering the hobby so it’ll be too bad if they disappear.

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears everything Hydor is on "Lightning Liquidation". Im assuming it has to do with the recent Neptune Systems acquisition lololollollooololloolllo

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few powerheads as back ups for around 50% off. Can’t beat that. But the ones on brs doesn’t have that huge discounts

OP
OP
Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially that
Yeah, I bet you're right.

It actually makes me a bit concerned - Marine Depot sold out to BRS, Neptune merged with BRS, Vertex went under a year and a half ago and now Hydor appears to be going under. Granted there were varying circumstances, but taken as a whole it doesn't paint a very good picture about the health of the marine aquarium industry.

brightlifeaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it’s in a weird state, but like everything in life, most things seem to come back stronger and the cycle goes on back and forth forever! Hopefully the people who bought it can get things back to normal, only time will tell! They had to see some potentially to invest/buy.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that Bulk Reef Supply has all its Hydor gear on clearance so it appears they will no longer be carrying it. Is this fallout from their Marine Depot merger or more related to troubles with Hydor?

Their power heads didn’t last forever but they were perfect, low cost models for things like mixing tanks and newbies entering the hobby so it’ll be too bad if they disappear.

Unfortunately, Hydor went out of business. They have been reportedly since been purchased by another company, so there is certainly a chance that we see a comeback in the future. No doubt that Hydor made some of the best low cost and entry level gear out there.

dfarr67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be prudent to stay away from their AC flow pumps- or are they good enough to buy with confidence? Seltz AC 1600.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back