Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I saw that Bulk Reef Supply has all its Hydor gear on clearance so it appears they will no longer be carrying it. Is this fallout from their Marine Depot merger or more related to troubles with Hydor?

Their power heads didn’t last forever but they were perfect, low cost models for things like mixing tanks and newbies entering the hobby so it’ll be too bad if they disappear.

OP
Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Potentially that
Yeah, I bet you're right.

It actually makes me a bit concerned - Marine Depot sold out to BRS, Neptune merged with BRS, Vertex went under a year and a half ago and now Hydor appears to be going under. Granted there were varying circumstances, but taken as a whole it doesn't paint a very good picture about the health of the marine aquarium industry.

brightlifeaquaculture

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yep it’s in a weird state, but like everything in life, most things seem to come back stronger and the cycle goes on back and forth forever! Hopefully the people who bought it can get things back to normal, only time will tell! They had to see some potentially to invest/buy.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I saw that Bulk Reef Supply has all its Hydor gear on clearance so it appears they will no longer be carrying it. Is this fallout from their Marine Depot merger or more related to troubles with Hydor?

Their power heads didn’t last forever but they were perfect, low cost models for things like mixing tanks and newbies entering the hobby so it’ll be too bad if they disappear.

Unfortunately, Hydor went out of business. They have been reportedly since been purchased by another company, so there is certainly a chance that we see a comeback in the future. No doubt that Hydor made some of the best low cost and entry level gear out there.

IS RTN/STN MORE COMMON THAN IT USED TO BE?

• Yes! I (and/or my friends) have experienced it more than it used happen.

Votes: 56 21.3%
  • No. I think it's about the same.

Votes: 85 32.3%
  • No. It's actually less common than it used to be.

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • I've never experienced RTN/STN.

Votes: 29 11.0%
  • What's RTN/STN?

Votes: 67 25.5%
Reef Republica