Hydra 26 HD LED Question

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
2,096
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, tomorrow I will be receiving this light as gift. I was wondering if it is enough for a 24 gal? Or is it over powering (if so, should I run it only 50% or so?) Also have you have good or bad experiences with that type of light?
 
That will be more than enough for a 24 gallon tank. Depending on what you plan to keep it should cover just about everything.
I started with AI's and they work perfectly fine.
 
Well, It depends on what you plan to keep. The only correct answer would be to use a par meter and set the intensity accordingly. If you are not doing a full blown SPS setup then I would advise you keep the lights below 50%.
 
I have my Maxima sitting right under one Hydra 26 HD. Happy as a clam.

It should be enough light for your 24 gallon. If you think it is too much you can turn it down. However that is guessing, best to use a par meter. My Maxima gets 200 par, which is what is recommended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new