Hydra 26 HD light spectrum.

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a reefer 250 lit by 2 Hydra 26's. The schedule I am running at the moment starts off with a balance of blues, uv's, red green and white. This is on for 4 hours and then the spectrum changes to blues and UV only.
During this stage the corals (hammers, duncan, torch, zoas, schrooms and leathers) really are at their best, both in size, polyp extention and colour.
But the downside is that the fish lose their colour. My perc clowns look black and white, the coral beauty looks drab etc etc.
Is there anything I can do that keeps the fantastic look of the corals but also gives the fish a bit of pop too?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the BRS YouTube videos about matching the Ecotech AB+ program with the Hydras. Personally, I find lighting in the 20k range seems to strike a good Ballance of color, growth, and spectrum so that everything looks great.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to different settings people are using:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ai-hydra-26-hd-spectrum-setting.326618/

This is what I'm running, it was originally based off the AB+ for Radions then tweaked for personal taste.
Hydra settings.JPG Hydra settings schedule.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back