Hydra 26 Mount Help/Ideas

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to build a diy mount for my 2 AI Hydra 26HD's. I like the TV mount idea but if I dont have to drill into the wall that would be better. Basically I'm looking for ideas for mounts and also have a couple questions for anyone who has made the TV mount for Hydras.

• Is it possible to mount 2 lights to 1 TV mount?
  • Does anyone have better photos or a step-by-step guide on how to build it?
  • Will any full-motion mount work?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the TV mounts in a canopy too, either a floating canopy or sit-on-tank

I had two on TV mounts for my 92 corner tank. Pretty easy to do. Unscrew the portion where the TV Mount to and then make a bracket the pass threw the section where the TV Mount was. *The closeup of the bracket actually has an XR15 with the articulating joint Mount that I switched to earlier this week. You can get the TV mounts for 16.99 on Amazon
upload_2019-1-10_15-32-33.jpeg

image.jpg

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also mount the TV mounts to the wall and the have a partial canopy. This way you hide the lights, mounts, and cables for a finished look but with this option you could also remove the canopy for maintenance issues if needed and not have to remove the lighting from the tank to do so.

OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also mount the TV mounts to the wall and the have a partial canopy. This way you hide the lights, mounts, and cables for a finished look but with this option you could also remove the canopy for maintenance issues if needed and not have to remove the lighting from the tank to do so.

I rent so my problem with drilling into wall isn't really aesthetics, it's more that I have 2 TV's already mounted on one wall, one on top of the other, and dont want to tick the landlord off. I already planned on replacing the paneling when I move anyway though so I suppose I could just do other wall too. Will this mount work or do I need a specific one?

ONN Full Motion TV Wall Mount, Black, 13"-32”
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Full-Motion-TV-Wall-Mount-Black-13-32/526597814

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rent so my problem with drilling into wall isn't really aesthetics, it's more that I have 2 TV's already mounted on one wall, one on top of the other, and dont want to **** the landlord off. I already planned on replacing the paneling when I move anyway though so I suppose I could just do other wall too. Will this mount work or do I need a specific one?

ONN Full Motion TV Wall Mount, Black, 13"-32”
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Full-Motion-TV-Wall-Mount-Black-13-32/526597814

Should work just fine, as long as the max extension from the wall will meet your needs. I circled the bolt that I removed and used metal corner braces to mount on to the Hydra(s) with a bolt passing thru those braces, then thru the hole where the bolt was removed.

upload_2019-1-11_0-47-33.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back